Functional Medicine is dedicated to prevention, early assessment, and improved management of complex, chronic disease by intervening at multiple levels to correct core chemical imbalances and thereby restore each patient’s functionality and health to the greatest extend possible.
Basic principles of Functional Medicine paradigm:
-An understanding of biochemical individuality;
-Supporting the evidence of a patient-centered approach, not a disease;
-Restoring a dynamic balance of internal and external factors of patient’s body, mind and spirit;
-Promoting of organ reserve to enhance the health span, not just the life span of each patient.
“You know something is awry with your health if you experience painful symptoms; but what about symptoms that people tend to think of as “part of life”? For example, do you experience headaches regularly? Do you get gassy after meals? Well, headaches, gas, bloating, hair change, weak nails, stubborn fat, and other “everyday” health problems are not supposed to happen. These are all signs that something is off balance in your body.” – Functional Medicine 101:A Guide to Getting Healthy Once and For All
To read more, subscribe to Dr Klimenko’s newsletters and get free access to her E-book.
For more information on Functional Medicine, please visit http://www.functionalmedicine.org.
Conditions we treat:
- Acute illnesses- infections, sinusitis, back pain and many others
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- ADD, ADHD
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Cancer Prevention
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Depression and Anxiety
- Detoxification and Healing
- Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome, Pre-Diabetes, Insulin Resistance
- Digestive Disorders (IBD, IBS, GERD/Reflux, Colitis, Gluten sensitivity)
- Environmental and Food Allergies
- Female Disorders (PMS, Menopause, Infertility, PCOS)
- Healthy Aging, Healthy Weight and Metabolism
- Heart Health, Elevated cholesterol, High blood pressure
- Menopause and perimenopause
- Mercury and Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Migraines and Headaches
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Parasites and intestinal infections
- Parkinson’s disease
- Testosterone deficiency
- Thyroid and Adrenal Disorders
- Complex Chronic Diseases
If you are planning to see Dr.Klimenko for Integrative Medicine appointment please navigate to “Patients” menu tab and click “New Patients”.
Contact Elena Klimenko via
Phone 212-696-HEAL(4325) or Email email@example.com